Crockpot Granola

I've had some friends request this recipe so I'll share it here since it's so great.  Yes, granola even gets brown and toasted in the crockpot!  Another plus is the electricity savings from not using the oven.


Basically, you can take any recipe you like for granola and bake it in the crockpot.  Turn it on low and prop the lid open a bit so that the steam escapes.  After 45 minutes or so, stir and replace lid as before.  You'll need to stir it every 10 or 15 minutes after that until it's done to your liking.  Mine is usually done in an hour and a half or so.


I have the large-sized crockpot and my recipe is as follows.


Mix together:
  • 7 c. oatmeal
  • 1 c. coconut
  • 1/2 c. each pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame seeds
  • 1/4 c. flax seeds
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. or less sea salt
Blend in a small bowl:
  • 1/2 c. oil or melted coconut oil
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. honey or to taste (I use stevia powder)
Mix all together well and bake.  Add dried fruit of your choice.


1 comment:

PurpleElectricity said...

Wow, that sounds good! I'll have to tell the benevolent queen about it! Granola, mmmm!


Sincerly,


PElectricity