Cranberry Almond Muffins



These are yummy and very festive...serve with cream cheese spread or butter.  (I forgot to put the sliced almonds on top--but they're just as good!)


Cranberry Almond Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 3 c. flour (can use whole grain if preferred)
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 16-oz. container sour cream (can substitute all or part with plain yogurt)
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1/4 c. salad oil
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
  • 2 T. sliced blanched almonds
Directions:

Mix dry ingredients.  With a fork, blend eggs, milk, oil, almond extract, and sour cream.  Stir into dry ingredients--batter will be lumpy.  Fold in cranberries.  Pour into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with almonds.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Makes 18-24, depending on size of tins.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

They look yummy, and since I'm not really a nut person, I would like them without the almonds. :)

Jennifer Hoots said...

These sound great. I love cranberries and almonds in any form, a muffin all the better!

Lisa said...

These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind if my daughter and I use your recipe in an upcoming Muffin Monday post? ~Lisa

PS: Found you by blog hopping this a.m. :)

Lisa said...

Just dropping in to share that my daughter and I shared your recipe on our blog today. Thanks so much for the recipe inspiration!

Blessings,

Lisa :)