100% Flax bread

A real loss on a candida diet is that of bread!  I'm talking l-o-s-s.  I could live on bread.  But until I resume that wonderful stuff again, I discovered a recipe I had to share for flax bread.  It has a delicious, nutty flavor, holds together beautifully and is very low in carbs.  It bakes up something like cake but you can split it for sandwich-style use, or even French toast!  It's a winner.


Mix well: 
  • 2 c. ground flax meal
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. powdered stevia 
In a separate bowl, mix:
  •  5 eggs
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/3 c. oil 
Blend two mixtures; pour into greased 9x13 pan and let stand for 2 minutes for batter to thicken up.  Bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven; cool and cut into 12 squares.

Each serving has less than 1 gram of carbs and 5 grams of fiber.

THOUGHT:  I haven't tried it yet, but why couldn't a person add a bit more stevia and cocoa for a chocolatey treat??

1 comment:

PurpleElectricity said...

I should try that!!! I find it funny how whenever I read your blog I go, "Ooo, that sounds good!" and, "Oh, that sounds good too!" Now I have a long list of thing that I need to try! I should get busy on them!

Love you!!


PurpleE